The Parents Centre, a national organisation with 51 centres across New Zealand was established in 1952 with the mission of ‘positive birth experiences and informed parenting in a community where parents are supported and highly valued in their work’.
The Palmerston North Parents Centre was founded in 1954, and is run by a dedicated committee of volunteers. It currently offers:
- Childbirth Education classes to first time parents.
- Networking support for new parents through coffee groups.
- Low cost postnatal seminars to help keep educating families on the journey of parenting.
- A newsletter, ‘Palmy Parent’ for parents in the community.
- Advocacy and support for parents in the community.
Please use the form below to get in touch with us.